Members who live within ½ mile of their medical practitioner and whose health and mobility are such that the member can safely walk that distance (weather permitting) should walk, and not request NEMT services from LogistiCare. Members who are able to utilize mass transit should take the bus. Overall, six types of NEMT services are available:
- The member lives within 1/2 mile of a bus stop.
- The medical facility is within 1/2 mile of a bus stop.
- The member can safely walk 1/2 mile and can understand common signs and directions.
- The member can walk but is unable to take the bus.
- The member can sit up but cannot walk, uses a wheelchair, and requires a lift-equipped or roll-up wheelchair van and the assistance of trained personnel.
- The member cannot sit up or walk, is confined to bed, cannot sit in a wheelchair and does not require medical attention during transport.
Non-emergency Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- The member requires non-emergency stretcher transport and medical attention and/or monitoring during transport.